Wednesday, June 26, 2013

goals.

I have to say, I grew very fond of this daily goal setting and it is a routine I would like to keep for the rest of my life. Of course we all have these huge life goals that we are going after, but its the little goals that will get you there. So I guess that's what I want to challenge all of you guys to do. Set just one daily goal. And here are some guidelines that I found very helpful:

**don't just think about your goal, write it down! Really solidify it for yourself.
    "Goals that are not written down are just wishes"-- Fitzhugh Dodson

 **Really take some time to think about your goal. Make one that you know will be helpful for you that day and make it SPECIFIC. The specificity was always key for me. Rather than saying be productive, think of something you can actually do to be productive. Your goals can also be something to NOT do. Like DON'T text and drive (yes, I am ashamed to admit that this actually had to be one of my goals. But hey, I've been doing really good with it!).  

**Sometimes your goal for the day may seem really simple but yet really needed to be put at the forefront of your mind in order for you to actually do it, like... Go to bed by 10:30.

 **Find an accountability buddy. Someone that you will share this goal with and who can follow up with you to see how you did, and you can do the same for them. 

This concept of daily goal setting may seem frivolous but it has made a HUGE difference in my life and I think it can for you too. And hey, maybe you figured all of this out long before I did, and if that's the case, keep it up! 

.its all about the baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment